- United Kingdom
- International Leadership
- Strategic development
- Board coaching and facilitation
- Consulting, facilitating and supporting organisational development projects
- Facilitating large group interventions and the design and roll-out of inspirational learning events
- Helping with project start-ups, and where projects are reaching critical points in the life cycle
- The establishment of site-wide project methodologies, fully owned, used and consistently applied
- Training sessions in team development, leadership and project management
- Getting things done
After college, his first career was in banking with Barclays Bank in the 60’s in Northumberland, and then moving to Pall Mall District where he worked at Bond Street Branch. As part of his career development, he was seconded to Barclays Staff Training Centre where he worked with a team involved in bank training for managers, inspection staff and branch supervisors. His second career was in publishing, where he worked for Reed Business Publishing, now part of Reed Elsevier, as Head of Manpower Development.
During his time with Reed he was responsible for the development of some 3,500 editorial, sales and production staff in addition to senior management.
His work with Coverdale has taken him to India, Malaysia, Bahrain, America, Switzerland, China, South Africa, Borneo and Zanzibar. His main focus is board coaching and facilitation, International Leadership Development and helping to support companies through the process of change.
He served as a non-executive director of Kent Messenger Media Group, having previously served on the Board of Coverdale.
Previous career experience:
- Chairman of Age UK, Horsham District
- Head of Manpower Development with Reed Elsevier
- Non Executive Director with Kent Messenger Media Group
- Setting up a site-wide project methodology (Houston compliant) for a leading engineering group in Germany
- Supporting process specialists in building and rolling out of a set of Brand Building Tools for a Global Drinks Company
- New publishing company start-ups
- Strategy workshops in learned and professional organisations such as The Institute of Biology and St John's College Oxford and in commercial sectors - all at Board level
- Organisational turn round in the Health Sector of a hospital group in Zanzibar
- Watershed Management for DIFD and the Government of India
- Building a network of Coverdale facilitators to work in all states of India in support of the above
- Coaching of senior managers in organisations facing large scale change
- Lead coach for the Corporate Academy of a leading motor manufacturing group in Germany
- Ongoing Coach for senior managers attending the above seminars
- Consultant to the Executive Team of Mercedes Benz AMG High Performance Powertrains (F1)
- Speaker at The Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Education and training:
- The Institute of Bankers, IOB
- College for Distributive Trades, for Training & Development
- Brunel University, assessment centre design
- Polytechnic of Central London, IPM
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator licensed practitioner
- McQuaig Profiling
- Institute of Directors
- Jazz Diploma with Chichester Jazz College
“I like working with people who want to make a difference, and who are looking to learn and improve, for themselves and their organisations. Outside of work, my passions are my family, keeping our garden at bay, and an obsession with jazz music – running a small jazz club in my home town.