- United Kingdom
- Leading and managing multi-cultural teams through change
- Vision and strategy development
- Business planning
Ean has nearly 20 years’ experience in the oil and gas service industry, both upstream and midstream, with 9 years in senior management positions of large country high tech business units and global product lines. He has managed multi-cultural workforces in tough demanding conditions. These roles involved balancing long term strategy focus with short term financial and business development goals. He has lived in Qatar, Canada, Oman and Indonesia. Ean joined Coverdale after taking a year off to complete his masters and brings with him significant international management experience, a strong technical background and financial experience.
Previous career experience:
- Global Service Manager – Pipeline Engineering
- Senior Country Manager – Oman and Indonesia
- Technical Product Manager - Oman
- Service Quality Manager – Oman
- Offshore Engineer - Qatar
- Part Qualified Accountant - UK
Education and training:
- Lancaster University - MBA
- Sheffield University - BSc (Hons) Mathematics 1989
- Mays Business School, Texas A&M - Business Leadership Development Training
- Part qualified accountant
"My interests lie in organisational communication, having first-hand experience managing large business units. I believe the key to successful management and business is communication, if people understand why they are heading in the current direction and what success looks like they become incredibly effective team members. My main skills are being able to understand the overall picture when making business decisions, staying focussed on outcomes and the ability to explain this to others.
Outside of work I am a keen cyclist, I also enjoy golf, movies, fly-fishing, winter holidays with my snowboard and keeping up with the business world."