- United Kingdom
- Business improvement and change management
- Team and organisational development
- Leadership and management development
- Facilitation of workshops/events designed to achieve specific outcomes
- Alignment of culture and behaviours with vision and strategy
- Individual and group coaching
Mark started his career in the travel industry, quickly developing an understanding of how to develop highly effective teams, and a passion for seeing others achieve results beyond their expectations.
Over 25 years working for commercial, customer focused businesses, Mark has developed a broad range of experience in senior roles covering the financial services, logistics and travel industries. Leading change successfully has been a major theme throughout, enabling Mark to develop expertise and passion for achieving great results through individual and team development and continuous improvement.
Recent roles in Financial Services and Logistics have developed this experience further, to include the alignment of people and culture (the means by which things get done) with strategies, aims, vision and purpose.
Mark joined Coverdale in 2015, having worked alongside the Coverdale team during the previous 3 years in his role of National Continuous Improvement Manager for the Logistics Division of Asda, on of the big four retailers in the UK. He has recently been appointed Managing Director for Coverdale in the UK.
Some recent assignments:
- Co-designing and delivering a Leadership Development Programme for a logistics company with 30 depots across the UK
- Business Process Improvement facilitation for the largest distributor of pharmaceutical products in the UK
- Facilitation of workshops on Employee Engagement for member companies of the Employee Ownership Association
Previous Career Experience:
- National Continuous Improvement Manager - Logistics
- Head of Business Improvement - Financial Services
- Senior Operations Manager - Financial Services
- Call Centre Manager - Travel
- Flight Control Operations Manager - Travel
Education and Training:
- Loughborough University - BSc (Hons) Transport Management & Planning
- George Group - Continuous Improvement (Lean & Lean Six Sigma)
We know that leaders need to do the right things, and managers need to do things right. Typically this is in the context of “what gets measured gets done” – managing by results and being ‘good’ at demanding that people succeed. What inspires and motivates me is improving the outputs and results through focusing on people, processes and culture, and the alignment of these to the way a business organises itself, executes its strategies, achieves its aims and progresses along an uncertain path towards its long term vision.
I really enjoy working with individuals and teams to support and guide them through cycles of change, and developing the skills and behaviours needed to achieve their goals.
Outside of work my passions are my family, running in the hills, scuba diving and ready historical and travel books.