- United Kingdom
- Working with boards and senior teams on vision and strategy
- Individual, team and organisational development
- Facilitation of work activities
- Leadership development
- 1:1 coaching
Robin started out working in chemical research at the University of London and after achieving a PhD moved to industrial research for a pharmaceutical subsidiary of Guinness. This was followed by a career change in to state education where he spent 20 very happy years; ten as a head teacher, firstly in Derbyshire and then Avon. Over his time as a head he became increasingly interested and involved in helping adults to fulfil their role and this led to his being seconded by Avon to work at improving the quality of leadership and management across the authorities 600 schools and colleges. To make progress in this challenge he worked in partnership with Coverdale.
He has a curiosity about how human enterprise works and what can be done to make it more effective and enjoyable. This has led him to seek out work with organisations through periods of development and change thus working with individuals and teams throughout the organisation - factory floor and board
Some recent assignments:
- Co-designing, directing and delivering a leadership programme for newly appointed senior managers in a major global automotive company. This programme is delivered in Europe and the USA for leaders from around the world.
- Working with the new MD of a communications company to help him and his senior team develop their thinking on vision, values and strategy. Design and delivery of "events" for around 100 employees at a time to begin the communication and gaining of commitment to the new thinking. Support for project teams in reviewing the key business streams and developing proposals on the way ahead. On-going support and coaching for key individuals and teams.
- Working with a European trade association to help them in their quest to become more customer focused and in improving the effectiveness of their project work.
- 1:1 coaching of members of the leadership team of a national sports body.
Previous career experience:
- CEO of Coverdale UK 1995 to 2006
- President of Coverdale International 2006 to date
Education and training:
- B. Sc. And Ph. D in chemistry
“I really enjoy working with people to support them either as individuals or teams through times of development and change. I tend to work with senior people but have worked from the factory floor to board level. Outside work I am a keen gardener, read and enjoy the theatre and music.”